Dear Sara and Daniel,
I wanted to post a message for you, to say that we all love you and that we are grieving with you. I know that people who don't know any better will say that you shouldn't feel grief over losing a baby that was never yours or that you never held. I know better than anyone that it's very easy to fall completely in love with a little boy or girl who you haven't held in your arms yet. And I know that for a day, you were this little boy's mommy and daddy.
I wish there was some way to soften the injustice of it all or to make sense of it. But since there isn't, I offer all I have to give now; my most sincere and heartfelt prayers in your behalf, my tears, and a listening ear when you want to talk it out. I am so sad for you, but I also understand that as sad as I am, I can't possibly understand how you must feel inside right now.
I am also so proud of your charitable hearts. I am amazed at your willingness to let the issue go for the happiness of the baby in spite of your own grief. You are both such kind, wonderful people and I am inspired to be more like you.
D&C 122: 7-8; …if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou my son [and daughter] that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee: … therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you for ever and ever.
When my heart last broke, I felt very strongly that when I was too sad to carry it on my own, I could feel the prayers of other people lifting me up. I pray that may be the case for you, too. I love you both so much. My heart aches for you and for the little boy that was almost a part of our family. May God be with you in your grief and grant you peace as you search for answers.
With Love,
Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment