Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sundays are a challenge

I forgot to post the events of Sunday. Such a special time but emotionally challenging. I was mentioned a couple of times during testimony meeting. It has been ever present in my heart that there are many people in this same boat, a few in our ward. The Spirit has pointed out to me there are many others who suffer long term chronic difficulties from disease. It is clear to me that I would not want to trade places with them. Two months of chronic foot pain has given me enough of a view of that to take this gladly. This disease process , we think, has a beginning and ending.

I felt the need to share that in my testimony with my love for the Savior and the Gospel plan. I am conscious of and deeply grateful for the thoughts and prayers offered in my behalf to the point of embarrassment. But if this provides a pathway for family and friends to draw closer to each other and to the Lord it is well worth the cost.

Thank-you all for your thoughts, prayers and comments of support. I hope you remember the love of the Savior, his sacrifice and service for us to open the path and show us the way. The Holy Ghost has the incredible capacity to speak to each of us on our level with our multitude of idiosyncrasies and personality differences. I hope I can learn from this challenge to appreciate some aspects of the love and concern he has for us.

No comments: