We made it through the first month. This week was the first of having to slow down. I had a crazy schedule last week. I went back to the fire station on Wednesday night for EMS training as the instructor. Thursday night I had another CPR class for a local home medical care office. Friday I was so exhausted I had to come home and rest. I spent about half of Friday sleeping and felt much better. Saturday I was in Rexburg as an evaluator for Fire Fighter 2 candidates. I really have to avoid getting that many things clumped together.
We still have no hair loss and I haven't been sick to date. I started last week to have blood oozing in my nose. It's not a bloody nose as you think. It feels like I am congested. When I blow my nose it is full of blood clots. Today my clotting time was 3.3. The goal was to be in the 2.5 to 3.5 range. A little elevated but not out of range. I will check tommorrow to see if Dr. Dickson thinks that is related to the chemo or blood counts. I think the blood getting into my stomach as a result of the nose thing is causing a little indigestion. I started taking a decongestant and it seems to be helping a bit.
Today Kay and Mike Gardner gave me a blanket with fire engines on it. It looks like a baby blanket but is really cute. While at chemo they always give you a blanket to keep you warm in the big cool room. Now I have my own really cute one.
The Sunday lessons were on hope. Our instructor had John Elison talk about his transition from no hope to great hope, then a miraculous disappearence of his tumor in his throat. He asked me to talk about where we are and where my hope is coming from. It turned out to be a geat day. We spent the evening with Josh and Tiffany for her birthday. Grandkids are so much fun!!
Lsst week as President Anderson was changing the Bishopric he spoke of his love for Thomas Second Ward. It was the ward he grew up in and he had fond emotions whenever he gets to come back. That made me think of the Lost River Ward and the the joy I feel when we get to go back there. There's not much of a connection there anymore but I still have good feelings when I think about being there.
The challenges continue. Saturday evening Jason noticed a large bubble in the paint on the family room ceiling downstair. After investigating I realized that when we changed the pump and turned up the pressure in the house it caused a small leak in the water line going to the faucet in our bathroom. When I tried to tighten the fitting it rally started leaking. By the time I got it shut off we had some wet sheetrock and a little water on the floor. Josh said we need to take down a couple square feet of ceiling to get the area dry to insure no mold grows.
As always thanks to all for the prayers, the calls and the concern. It is impossible to describe the humility that creates... thank-you
No comments:
Post a Comment