Saturday, March 24, 2007

Josh and Tiffany Update


For those who were not in on the big (or not so big) announcement, Josie is going to be a big sister. Just as last time we were expecting, We would really prefer keeping this on the low, but Tiff gets so sick that its no secret to anyone that spends more than 10 minutes with her.

We are having a great time in our new home. It is so nice to be done with renting. We spent the colder months doing some work inside. Tiff has decorated our bedroom. It is really elegant(for lack of better or more manly words). We already had our first flooding experience( The cause of which was not our fault). Because of a long story that I wont attempt to explain how it happened. We ended up with about probably 75 gallons or so of water in our basement. Luckily, three days before it happened, I had built some shelves and put nearly everything in the basement on those shelves. We tend to think that the timing on that was a little more than coincidence.

Because of the beautiful weather we have started our landscaping. We bought some landscaping bricks and made a small wall to make a planting bed below our front porch last week. This week I had a guy from work come and drop in about 30 loads (from a backhoe) around the yard. we made a couple of raised planting beds and we put down enough dirt to have about a 500 SQ FT garden. Over the next couple of weeks we hope to be doing the sprinkler system and after that it is grass, trees, and flowers.

I am probably going to be taking a marketing class this summer. Tiff and I can't decided whether or not for me to go back to get an MBA so I am going to just take some of the prereq courses here and there just in case I do decide to.

Tiff and I are taking a New Testament class right now. We are learning a lot and are really enjoying the time together. Through college I was able to take religion classes that covered all of the other books of the scriptures except for the NT, so it has been really nice to expand my knowledge of this last book.

Josie is running our lives as usual. She always wants mom or dad or somebody to be right by her side when ever she is doing anything. It takes a lot of multitasking if anything is to get done around the house. She is talking pretty good. She will jabber on and on to someone on the phone with little if any of it making any sense. Tiff mentioned to me that she is starting to put words together instead of just saying single words. It is a lot of fun to see her personality traits starting to show through.

2 comments:

Trent said...

Congratulations!

Jason Aikele said...

Hey guys, congrats on the pregnancy! I must say I'm a but jealous! :) Arwen and I have been trying for 4 months now, and still nothing, I'm beginning to worry there's something wrong w/ one of us.

Any who, I'm glad to see that some one else has finally made it on here! Now we just have to get Sara on here.