Saturday, April 28, 2007

We had a great day

Before I get started, I need a couple of dates and times.

Aarons Graduation
Daniels Graduation

Also, Meg I know you guys are busy, but, we would like to hear whats going on. You too Aaron.

Well, I had a great day. I think that Tiff had an okay day. She started the day off not feeling to great, but as the day went on she started to feel a little better. She took Jo to the zoo today and they had a great time. Tiff had a hard time with some of the smells, but other than that it was good. I got up this morning to go golfing with keith. He drove clear down from Rexburg to go. Just as he was pulling in I realized that I had left my clubs in blackfoot and our tee time was only 45 minutes away. I tried frantically to get ahold of dad, but he was out "contemplating the future". I am not quite sure what that meens but I got a chuckle out of it. Dad was great and hurried to meet us half way with the clubs. We were about 10 minutes late for the tee time, but they still let us on. I played the best game of my life today. I shot a 45 on 9 holes. Most of you probably don't have a clue as to how bad that really is. It was great progress for me and it was a great place to start off the golf season. I am getting better at golf. This is when it really gets fun; when you start to see progress.

I just thought I would mention something. When I told Keith that dad was coming to shelley to meet us with the clubs he was shocked. He said, "Wow . . . My dad would have said "its your problem. you left them here. you come deal with it." We really have a great family. You are all so willing to go out of your way to help each other. You have all helped me a lot, I know that I am not as helpful as I could be. We have parents that show us a great example. Between me and meg, I don't think dad has had a day to do a project on his house in the last 2 and a half weeks. And I know that there are a lot of things that he could be doing there. I really appreciate it.

We got a lot done on our yard today. Another benefit of working for Rockwell. The Johnsons(the family that owns the company) have a "rock picker" that hooks up to a bobcat. You just drive along the ground and it sweeps the rocks into a bucket. We spent about 2 hours working on our yard today. If we would have done the work that it did we would have likely spent 20 or 30 hours I assume. We are pretty lucky to have some of these resources at our disposal. We will hopefully be finishing up the sprinkler system on Monday. After that we have a little edging to do for our flower beds and then its on to grass. Hopefully within about a month or two we will have a yard. That will be so nice. It is fun to put this much work into something that is ours.

Well, I meant for this to be a quick note. I am long winded and I am not very eloquent with my words. Catch you all later.

No comments: